Sunday 6 March 2022

OPENING THE DOORS OF EMOTIONAL RETROSPECTION

 OPENING THE DOORS OF EMOTIONAL RETROSPECTION


Heaven has its purpose in man


I write to you now because I feel like a poet who fancies the beauty of love 

Whose impression he composes in verse

While being ruled by a divine power

My thoughts are as distant as my imaginations


Night has fallen, silence prevails, and life slumbers

But I open my sleepless eyes

And keep vigil with my pen till dawn

From behind the darkness of the night, I make wishes for my love

Because love conquers in the struggle of joy against sorrow


I am consoled by a love that renders my pains a joy and my sorrows a happiness

If heaven willed it, only heaven can alter it

Heaven has its purpose in man

God have united beauty and love in me

And joined the kind brightness of your eyes with the darkness of my recessive self


I have met love on its very face, and have embraced its spirit

We are both in the hands of a mysterious and merciful power, let it do its will


Can you sense the crush in my thoughts?

The bond and energy that keeps me writing tonight is very strong

As long as there is ink, I will keep writing

If this ink finishes, I will get a new one


What I do today in my solitude will be echoed to the people by tomorrow

What I say now with one heart will be repeated tomorrow by many hearts

I want to say a word and I shall say it now

I want to live in the glory of love and in the light of beauty


I am a rose; my heart opens at dawn

And the virgin kisses me and places me upon her breast

I am the gentle smile upon the lips of beauty

But you are the reality of this sweet dream

You are a sacred shrine in the heart of a child, adored by a merciful mother

So I will place my head on your bosom as a child in the arms of a loving mother


What I see in your heart is yellow like the candle light and red as twilight

It is obviously colourful and beautiful

I look upon sleeping nature

And with a deep reflection, discovered the reality of a vast and infinite thing

Something no power can demand, influence or acquire nor can riches purchase

It can’t be effaced by the tears of time or deadened by sorrow

It is something that gathers strength with patience

This something is LOVE


Love is not a spirit in the body of words

But these expressions are myriads of thoughts in the unspoken language of my heart

I speak to you wishing that my feelings might flow with my words

You are a word uttered and repeated by the voice of my heart

You are a star fallen from the blue tent upon a green carpet

And brighter do you shine


I came out throbbing with a longing to be loved

There were silent words upon my quivering lips

Speaking when the tongue of life is silent


I am a stranger passing by the gates of your garden but you called me in

I feel uneasy because I am always a departing guest

But I want to write one more time 

And tell you some things my heart would love to say and how good you are


This may not be the most beautiful words on the lips of mankind

But what I feel for you grow day by day,

It has become a kind of mute worship


You are more precious than the crown of a queen 

And more sublime than the throne of angels

I am most grateful to that cupid who emptied its quiver in my chest


Wetness does not bother the drowned

I’m head over heels

The pendulum of my heart has swung from fantasy to reality


I want to love you as a poet love his most beautiful thoughts

I want to recall you as a traveler recall the pool that quenches his thirst

I want to remember you as a mother remember the child on her bosom


I live under the shadows of your love the life of a flower under the rays of the sun

I sing your name as the village sings the echoes of a church bell

I remember you as a stranger remember his beloved country


All these words come from the depths of my heart like flames of fire

You may not comprehend this piece, but I guess you grasp the shadowy meanings 

Those which are not clothed in words and don’t reside on paper


Now I know there is something higher than the heavens

Deeper than the oceans and stranger than life, death and time

Now I know what I didn’t before

It is wrong to think that love comes from long friendship and persevering courtship


Yesterday you were like a sister to me

Now I feel something sweeter than brotherly affection

And nobler than blood ties

It is a comingling of love and fear that fills my heart with happiness and worries


But love is a flower than grows and blooms without the aid of season

It secrets in my mind a memory which melts my heart

And awakens by its sweetness all the virtue of my heart and body

Within this memory, an hour passes, every minute of which seems like a year


These are moments I think of you and terribly miss you

Waves of perplexity beat upon me as I hold this pen

Writing in the solitude of my room, oh how great this night is and how deep its mystery

It’s a mixed feeling of love and worry, as I always say to myself ‘I hope she is fine’


I tremble with affection and feel my heart blooming with love

I tremble like the light of a lamp before the wind; I feel I have seen love face on face,

My heart feels for you not on account of beauty

But because the eye cannot resist a spear without being pierced


This is a love free from jealousy, rich and never harmful to the heart

Yours is a heart which beauty has erected and love have blessed

Cups don’t entice lips unless the wine is seen through the transparency of the crystal

That first smile, took care of everything that could have gone wrong


You have become dearer than a friend, 

Closer than a sister and more beloved than a sweetheart

You have become a supreme thought, a beautiful dream

And an overpowering emotion living in my heart


I gaze upon your beauty with keen interest

And marvel upon your strength and intelligence

I feel the kindness of your heart and innocence of your countenance

I loosen myself and fall, hoping to land in your heart


I am attracted and invisibly drawn close and closer

Every visit gave me a new meaning of your beauty

And a new insight into your sweet spirit

I can say you are a book whose pages I understand and whose praises I can sing


But I can never finish reading this book

I see you each day like a first time

Because you are always a brand anew

A woman whom providence has provided with the beauty of heart and body


I understand you by virtue of love

But I can’t describe you in words

Superlative words may pull you below my thoughts of you

But is not silence more painful than death?


Will pride and limitation stop me from describing you in plain words?

Since I can’t paint your picture with luminous colors among the stars 

I should endeavor to say something at least

I’m not proud, but may be limited in words


Yet speech is not the only means to understanding between two hearts

It is not the syllables that come from the lips and tongue that brings hearts together

There is something greater and purer than what the mouth can utter

But I can’t keep some things to my heart


I ponder my words and weigh the true meaning of each syllable

No matter how ugly my expressions may be

Just know they come from a sincere heart beautiful like yours

Beauty and love is created by a single thought or emotion inside a man


Oh how great this night is and how deep its mystery

I listen to the breathing of sleeping nature while I write these lines

I bring your face forth in my imaginations

And on your lips I see a smile of pleasure


I bring your figure forth, and in that silk, cotton, linen and woollen attire

You are lithe, and like the rays of moonlight coming through the window

Your walks are graceful and rhythmic; I can’t deny watching those steps 

When you smoothly place and pluck each feet from point to point


Your voice is low and sweet

Words fall from your lips like drops of dew 

Falling from the petals of rose when they are disturbed by the wind

And with a pace that cause my heart to flutter and keeps my attention in custody


Your voice moved me to the depths of my heart

They are epitome of your tale of love


My words can’t describe the expressions on your face; you reflect many things

You are a classic personality, a revelation which cannot be measured or bound  

Or replicated by the brush of a painter or the chisel of a sculptor

You are one of a kind; your beauty is not in those shiny eyes, 


Not in those tasty lips

Not in your perfect figure

Nor in your succulent bosom

Your beauty is like the gift of poetry; it is inbuilt


It is in the light which emanates from those eyes

It is in the sweetness of the words of those lips mouth

It is in the nobility and tenderness of your heart

It is in the virtue and elegance that surround your being


You are thoughtful and when you are silent, I try to read your eyes

And when you shut the eyes I will listen to the throbbing of your heart

Love is linking my heart to yours

I see in your heart the most concealed emotions and hear the echoes of a hidden voice


The thirst for love is a difficult urge to satisfy

The more I love, the deeper and deeper I go

I long for your love like bread which the goddess prepares with the sweetness of kisses

‘The gods do not forget’, if they misplace me, they will apologize


For the past few days loneliness overcame me

I tried to cheer up, but was grim

Then I remembered that fate brought back a dear old friend

In the person of a stranger, who in no minute became so dear to my heart


Who is she, that cometh forth like the morning rising?

Fair as the moon, bright as the sun and terrible as an army set in battle array

These words resound when I sing the glories of The Most Blessed Virgin Mary

But of you I have thought, and have these to say


Your love opens my eyes with its magical rays

And touches my heart with its fiery fingers

You have awakened my slumbering heart with your beauty

And led me into the garden of high affection


This affection reveals to me the secrets of love

Times with you is the memory that changes my deepest feeling

And make me happy in spite of all bitterness and mystery

I say these words to you, because love has its own language


A language loftier than the voice of tongues and lips

It is a timeless language common to all humanity

A calm lake that attracts the singing rivulet to its depths and make them silent

Only the heart understand the language of beauty and love


It puzzle my mind; I’m not able to describe it in words

It is a sensation not visible to my eyes but I sense it

This love emanates from the inmost depth of my heart and it illuminates my senses

Just like life come from the depth of the earth and gives colour and scent to a flower


Did our hearts reach out to each other the day we met?

Did my yearning reveal your beauty to me?

I imagine the brightness of your eyes and the sweetness of your lips

I can’t keep quiet about the elegance of your figure


I’m obviously not intoxicated with the wine of youth

The person of you show me the happiness of loving and being loved

It’s strange but with you I feel emotions I have never felt before 

And for each time I say ‘I’m going’, my heart gives a sigh of disappointment


I’m always a departing guest, but this affection rests tranquil in my heart

Like the spirit hovering over the face of the waters at the creation of the world

From this affection is born something great within my sense and urge for exclusive love

You are obviously worth it, even more than just that


Your love elevates my heart 

It is a perfect love, a love of consummated excellence and supreme wonders

The law of humanity and phenomena of nature cannot alter its course

Please place my heart side by side with yours before the throne of love


Sucked by your god-hallowed lips, I recall the innocence of my childhood

And I feel the sweet ecstasy of youth

I knew the stern passion of manhood

And envisage the wisdom of old age


In your eyes I see the splendor of kings

And the triumph of warriors

The fame of poets and the honour of saints


In my need for your nearness, I feign remoteness

And in fear of the ebb-tide of your love

I guard the floodgates of my heart

I open up my heart to you because I know

Love humiliated in its nakedness is greater than love that seeks triumph in disguise


I lay my hands upon your heart

No other heart but yours, no other lips but yours 

You are the voice that lingers in my ears

And the hand that touches my hand

Long do I love you, and over much


This love that opens my eyes and enslaves my heart has given me the blessing of patience

Oh mad wandering spirit hear me out

For I, the most imperfect has been granted a perfect love

I am your host tonight, and you are my welcomed guest


Here is my hand, grasp it with your beautiful hand

Here is my body, embrace it with your loving arms

Here also are my lips, bestow upon them a deep and dizzying kiss

………………………………………………………………………………

Sleep creeps upon me and is covering my wakefulness

Sleep beckons and my thoughts are disappearing

My pen is conquered, and here I lay my head down to rest

Just know that somebody from this end always wish the best for you

Be safe and be fine. Have a very wonderful and blessed night


©ZIMLIGHT 5/5/18, 9:40 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment