Thursday 5 April 2018

MY HEART ORIENTATION


The orientation of my heart and mind does matter
There are gods and there is God
Idols are no longer the same as yesterday’s brand
They are not carved from woods or stones anymore
I know what my idol has been
But today, I won’t say “my god” anymore to the products of my own mind

If I have wandered, my return route will remain same
But it is not just enough to turn around
I must not switch to the reverse gear after turning
Better still I can switch over to the reverse and forget about the turning
I should just head towards the right direction

Worshipping god is not all about saying formal prayers
Standing here, bowing there, nor genuflecting there
Neither is it about condemning those that goes against these practices
I notice that if I lob the ‘pagan’ grenade at genuine seekers
And dismiss their strides towards integrity as worthless
I will miss the path of dialogue

Sabotaging my own effort
I fail in my mission
Not because I wasn’t observant or thorough
But because I didn’t understand the rule of perspective
I came face-to-face with my own limitations

But the seed of my greatness is planted in my own adversity
My seeds were fertilized with failure
And watered with the blood, sweat and tears of personal struggle
But when I started understanding people
I started communicate feelings instead of word

I’m just making sure I’m staying focused
I’m keeping close watch over myself
Not forgetting anything of what I have seen
And not letting my heart wander off
I’m trying not to go overboard and lose control

When we look to life from a battered heart
It is hard to forget what we see
This is a war, there is no neutral ground
If you are not on my side, you are the enemy
If you are not helping, you are certainly making things worst

No comments:

Post a Comment