Thursday 21 June 2018

IF I REPEAT THE HISTORY OF JACK



1

Image result for dull boyI am lost, walking through a dim forest
I hope to sing with the stars and dream with the moon
I don’t want to repeat the history of jack
That made him a dull boy

But I certainly don’t want to play and forget my work
I accept my limitations but they don’t stop me from moving on
With this new courage of mine
I will speak out the challenges of my life without embarrassment

I don’t care anymore
A baby will still suck the breast of his mother when it is flaccid
Even men with ribs like a skeleton still remove their shirt while picking up a fight
Keeping those things to my heart makes me grow weaker and less able
It steals away my strength and robs me of vitality

I wonder why I’m here
Still wrestling with my tears and fears
It is not because I lack the strength
It is because I don’t want to break down

No comments:

Post a Comment