Friday 9 August 2019

MY VOCATION STORY


NAME: MUOGBO MICHAEL

COURSE: CONSECRATED LIFE IN THE CHURCH

LECTURER: Rev. Fr. DANIEL ONYEAYANA cmf

TOPIC: MY VOCATION STORY

MY VOCATION HISTORY

I am blessed with a family so loving and supporting. My parents raised me and my siblings in the awareness that the faith is essential; from childhood days my parents made sure that we got a good Catholic upbringing. It was through my family that I first learned to love the faith. But I was like the young man who went away sad after being told the requirements of the kingdom of God. I am Michael, a seminarian of the society of Saint Paul and this is my vocation story.

It all began during my childhood. As a little boy I really admired the priesthood, for the singular funny fact that I love the feeling when I see the cape of my parish priest’s cassock fly while the wind toast it around. I wanted to dress in that fashion and have the wind toast my cape around too, but I wasn’t sure about the sacrifices. At some point of growing up there was change in my outlook, the flying cape lost its attractiveness and mattered no more, I became the most unlikely person to opt for this way of life.

I stopped frequenting the church as I did in my earlier years. But with a particular incident in my life where I had to battle between chaos and order within me, when I started missing the little boy I was, I started learning more about the faith and how important it is to me. This started my journey of discernment. During this period I stumbled on the life history of two priests; St. Maximilian Kolbe and St. John Vianney. The life of John Vianney particularly made an impression on me.

After two years of starting my journey of discernment, speaking to some priest and receiving spiritual guidance, I applied to the society of Saint Paul and I was admitted in the year 2011. Since then I’m still here, striving and discerning my vocation. I thank God for me and I pray each day for wisdom while I try to do my best to please him in my vocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment