Saturday 22 November 2014

prayer for priests

NAME: MUOGBO MICHAEL I.
COURSE: INTRODUCTION TO PRAYER
LECTURER: REV FR. FAMORIYO AUGUSTINE
PASSAGE: EXODUS 19:6
TITLE: PRAYER FOR PRIESTS
DATE: NOVEMBER 15TH, 2012.
MATRIC NO:
PRAYER

O Lord, living light of eternal love look down on me humbly prostrate before you in intercession for your priests. Lord, by your divine power and through the Holy Spirit you anointed your only divine son, our saviour, Jesus Christ to be a priest. For your concern for us and from your generous heart, you called some men to share in the divine priesthood of your divine son, Jesus by consecrating them to yourself from the ancient days of Aaron and the Levites down to our time.
            Lord Jesus, I thank and bless your loving heart for the institution of the ministerial priesthood. Please Lord, don’t forget your promise of everlasting priesthood in the priestly order of Melchizedek to them (Psalm 110:4).
            O Jesus eternal priest, give to your priests the grace to live under the rules of the vows and promises they made and keep them under the shadow of your divine priesthood. Shield them from worldly dangers and give them the necessary graces to resist the temptations and challenges that may come to them in this life. Guide and protect them under your love and care. Give them the power to lead the flocks to the kingdom you have promised.
            O Lord I pray for your faithful and hard working priests, bless their effort with success. I pray for your unfaithful and lazy priests, bring them back to the knowledge of your divine priesthood and the vows and promises they made. I also pray for your priests on mission in many parts of the world, for your priests in the state of confusion, for your abandoned and rejected priests, for your priests suffering persecutions and for the souls of your priests in purgatory.
            O Lord, I also pray for and recommend to you the priests that are dearest to me: the priest who baptized me, the priest who gave me your body and blood in holy communion, the priests who absolved me from my sins, the priests who taught and instructed me, the priests I assisted in their masses. O Lord keep them all close to your loving-tender heart, do not abandon them for an instance, and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment