Friday 14 October 2016

NOVENNA TO ST PAUL



Antiphon: O St. Paul the apostle, preacher of truth and doctor of the gentiles, intercede for us to god.
1. After  that, Saul began to harass the church. He entered house after house, dragged men and women out, and threw them into jail
Antiphon
2. “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” “who are you, sir,” he asked. The voice answered, “I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting”.
Antiphon
3. For he who worked through peter as his apostle among the Jews had been at work in me for the gentiles, and they recognized the favour bestowed on me.
Antiphon
4. With my many more labour and imprisonments, with far worse beatings and frequent brushes with death.
Antiphon
5. And so I willingly boast of my weaknesses instead, that the powers of Christ may rest upon me.
Antiphon
6. But the God’s favour I am what I am. This favour of his to me has not proved fruitless.
Antiphon
7. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on a merited crown awaits me; on that day the Lord, the just judge that he is will award it to me.
Antiphon
Reading of at text from the letters of St. Paul.
Reflection
HYMN
Lead us, great teacher Paul, in wisdom’s way,
And lift our hearts with thine to heaven’s high throne,
Till faith beholds the clear meridian blaze,
And sun-like in the soul reigns charity alone.

Praise, blessing, majesty, through endless days,
Be to the Trinity immortal giv’n,
Who in pure unity profoundly sways,
Eternally alike all things in earth and heav’n. Amen.

Other hymns see p. 373-386

V. you are a vessel of election, O St. Paul the Apostle.
R. Preacher of truth to the whole world.
Antiphon for the Magnificat:
Our Father and apostle, St. Paul, you are preacher of truth and doctor of the gentiles. Intercede for us to God who chose you.

Magnificat, see p. 293

Repeat the Antiphon: Our Father and apostle…

Let us pray.
Lord, God,
You appointed Paul your apostle to preach the good news of salvation.
Fill the entire world with the faith he carried to so many peoples and nations.
Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment