Sunday 18 March 2018

ALONE WITH ME



This is going to be unrealistic to many
But because people around me are swinging
Doesn’t mean I should present my face to be smashed

Discouragement tempt me every day and yet I resist

Do I have nothing to show for a life of hard work?
The world has beaten me to my knees
But I still don’t take any shit from nobody
Because I have a God who motivates and helps me to stand up back

O just God, you are too merciful
This is not a contradiction; I can’t just understand it
I have gone against moral legislation
But he shows me no iniquity of mine is above his compassion

I have thrown my innocence to the gaming board
With less chances of winning it back

Every once in a while I catch myself doing this
I’m on it again today, but in a different fashion
I recycle my thoughts and emotions

It is like somebody hit the pause button in my life and I stopped growing
But how could it be? I carry my own remote
Oh! I lost that innocence I had as a little boy
Because I gambled with it

Sometimes I forget I’m alive and switch to auto mood (mode)
But when I wake up from that dormant stage
Beauty awaits and love beckons
It becomes a privilege and challenge to get back to normal living

Events speed up and I lost track of the forest
Because I am forced to dodge all the trees

But the grace of God is just too superb
I dive off boards without even checking if there is water in the pool
Because the grace of God will always provide the water

But notwithstanding, when I’m lost, I’m lost
It is all about my simple stubbornness
This is also about the conviction everyone else know less than I do

Wanting to be right is only a problem if I can’t accept being wrong
I get lost a lot; I have no natural sense of direction
But I dedicate this to the possibility that I may be wrong about something I feel so sure of

I don’t entertain this, but this certainly does entertain me
The Lord has written the Pater Noster in my heart
He has made my life so beautiful

When I look back to me, I can’t help but burst
Burst into what? Tears? Joy? That is not important
God takes care of everything, even when I forget to ask

God’s grace has been super abundant
It is just like a river over my head
A mass of water no one can possibly walk through

I’m about to burst again
I can’t keep quiet about me
I can’t thank Mary and her Son enough

I always feel this way when I’m not able to appreciate God enough
I’m thrilled and terrified, I’m on my bed but I can’t sleep
So I get up and pick my pen

I feel so much energy, I’m afraid I may get myself electrocuted
Many times God’s love over me leaves me no choice
Who am I that My Lord calls me by name? ZIMIFE

The old life is gone; this is the dawn of a new one
I live in a universe subjected to rules
Some of them I know, others I don’t
But I am a free chooser living among other free choosers
Other free choosers who sometimes choose the wrong

I have a life that is like a time bomb
One day it will certainly go off
But as long as I’m beeping, I will keep thanking God
If I entertain any other fantasy more than the life God gave me
The gods will be disappointed in me

Beyond my limitations that chaff and burn
I also experience the call to transcendence
I’m certainly not worthless in the eyes of my God
Because he created me for a purpose; there is no spare me
I am not destined to wind up on the cutting room floor of history

I won’t throw away the gift and privilege of my life
By spending my days like they don’t matter
Well, I’m sorry for all the times I intended more harm than good
For all the times I used people and loved things
It is certainly gone days now, everything is all changed

I didn’t do this alone, in fact I couldn’t
I’ve repented of them, repaired and renewed them
Grace made it all possible
This same grace makes me a bit player in the stage of history

Passionate God I commit to you all the sorrows of my heart
Mend what is broken, heal what is wounded and save what is lost

No comments:

Post a Comment