Tuesday 13 March 2018

EGO



From this point forward
There will be stability in my life
Certainly there will be times of sorrow, confusion and failure
But these events are not likely to remove me from the person I am meant to be

As I grow from a little boy to an adolescent
Certain fundamental qualities remained constant
I would always see myself as an Adonis
But it is all ego stuff

The human ego is inherently unstable
It is not an entity to build an identity upon
It inflates and deflates at a moment’s notice
The ego leads into captivity

The ego follows the expectations and approvals of others
My spiritual self is my one true and constant self
The spiritual self grows while it remains stable
It blossoms while it maintains stillness

The greatest legacy I can ever leave is my decency
People are rarely remembered for anything else
With decency I can create an energy that will survive the death of its source
Once born, decency lives forever

I’ve learnt that my life does not belong to me; it never did
I am part of a large scheme; my part is just to contribute
And if I don’t, there will be a void
A wound in the heart of the universe that will last forever

No comments:

Post a Comment