Tuesday 13 March 2018

THE SURVIVING CONQUEROR



I am a usual conqueror
But sometimes I’m just a survivor
I have developed confidence in my ability to survive
But then I am forgetting my ability to conquer

Perhaps there may be more to this
My fear of losing survival in the quest to conquer persists
They are immune to my efforts to overcome them
But they cost me so much of my abilities

My typical first responses is always the thought of death and self-destruction
But it doesn’t have to be this way
As devastating as this situation could be
It doesn’t have the power to defeat me

For a while I may not even realize that I’m surviving
It may not feel like surviving
At some point I realize that I have been surviving
But it is too early to comfortably call myself just a survivor

I need to conquer

No comments:

Post a Comment