Saturday 17 March 2018

SAD RECORD

I search through the archives of my memories
As I hold this sophisticated pen,
Waiting to put down something
I stumble on a story told to me as a boy
Of a land rich and fertile

But wretched and malnourished
A land that oscillate between peace and war
A land of never ending agitation
Agitations that tore things apart
And set kingdoms on fire
Soldiers were trampled in war
Blood paid for blood
A land of sovereign dependency
A land of never-know-peace
Were humans are butchered for cattle to live
Were cattle feed on human toils,sweats and hard work
While humans go hungry
Women maltreated and violated
Are we the first generation to live after the death of god?
Here we search for something beautiful
Yet the whole source of beauty is robbed from us

I’m trying to focus on my pen
But all I can do is heave a sigh
It is just too sad and unfortunate
what happened to the efforts of our heroes past

No comments:

Post a Comment