Saturday 24 February 2018

CONVINCED



Though I may float for sometimes
It ultimately leaves me more grounded
But I have the innocence
To move lightly with ignorance
And strongly with conviction

Innocence is so crucial
It freed me to learn
But just as importantly
It freed me to love
Though I may have to atone for sins I didn’t know I was committing

Still I come to feel a power I have never known
I have survived adversity with my honour intact
I faced my dark side and survived
But something more striking occurred
Though far from flawless, I’ve developed a stability that enhances my competence

I live my life as an example of decency
This didn’t happen by accident
I’m not really called to a job
It is a distraction that has little benefit
I am rather called to a life

A large portion of this life may involve a career
But there is more to it than just that
I am called to learn from the life experiences
Then I can use what I learnt in the service of decency
This is not for beginners, it just happen to be the first step

No comments:

Post a Comment