Wednesday 14 February 2018

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST



In spite of how fun they may be
Sometimes I don’t want to get any close around them
I have fought valiantly for the truth with remarkable endurance
It is obvious that they are weary and can’t hold out much longer

It doesn’t matter who is with me or who agrees with me
I am always responsible for my own actions
Their love is more for the idea of it than the reality
It is almost as if it is some kind of romantic fantasy to them, not reality

They hate each other as much as they hate us
They can’t match together for very long before they start fighting each other
Their fear of us is stronger than their jealousy of each other
Foolish as they are, they are starting a fight when they are not strong enough to win

Even though we are not strong enough yet to go the whole way
We shall surely make great progress
We don’t proudly presume on our strength
To win this fight won’t be by hurting those people, but by helping them

But we are wiser than them because we are teachable
We have the courage to keep moving even when under attack
That’s why we are going to make the top ranks
We choose the weakest army and walk right through their middle of it

If we continue fighting and not give up, we cannot lose
I will fight even if I have to do it alone
I don’t think I have ever known a time in my life without a battle
It is very noble to want to fight
And to even be willing to fight alone

I am a seasoned warrior who has seen many battles
I have learnt much from the battle field
My wisdom comes from the sword

Every time I think about myself in this way
I start losing my faith and courage
But please don’t feel sorry for me
I know I have been given a great honour to even fight in the king’s battle

Sometimes we lost the battles because there were too many of us
It is better to have a few who are in unity than many who are divided
And do not have a single, focused vision
The next time we fight, we must win or all win be lost

We are all seasoned warriors
We have fought wrong with great courage
But few of us are yet to see victory
Some already lost their own battle and many are badly wounded

Retreat is not an option, not because we have nowhere to go
This is because we can’t let go of this right of ours
I am twenty-four but I have been fighting since I was nine
We don’t get discouraged by how dark it becomes
Nor by how many rise against us
We surely cannot lose if we do not retreat

We can’t retreat any further
There is nowhere else to go
But if we resist, the enemy will eventually flee
If we do not resist, we are doomed

We should go with the strength god gave us
Instead of trying to find a weakness in the enemy
I have learnt that what often disqualifies us in the eyes of men
Is the very thing that qualifies us for the grace of God

1 comment:

  1. You could visit @anochilicatherine.blogspot.com.ng. If you enjoy Michael's posts.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete