Saturday 24 February 2018

MY SOUL STRUGGLES




 Times when I was not able to pray
I kept believing and trusting in your prayers for me
Then something happened
So I lost confidence in your prayers for me
I stop believing in the effectiveness of your prayers
Do you even know how much hope I lose any time I remember this

You know in cases like this
It is always difficult to concentrate and pray
Because the weight of my iniquities keeps dragging me down
So my efforts to raise my heart and mind to God is futile
And any time I remember I can’t pray and nobody is there to pray for me
I will sit back on my heels and just cry

It just looks like my only surviving hope is lost
I want it back badly enough
But now I have to make the journey of my own
Not hoping or relying on anybody for moral or spiritual support
This path I am to take is not easy
But it is there, straight and true

It gives me a sense of achievement
Freedom for moral dependency
Even to me it sounds weird
But I’m lifting this chalice to my lips
And I’m going to drink deep from it

No comments:

Post a Comment