Saturday 27 January 2018

THE GRATEFUL PEN



People will always be there
But don’t try to please people
It will delay you success
And make your failure come so fast

I am afraid and I’m scared to show it
I fear if I don’t write this
Then I should never write again
And I fear if I do write it
It would not be as good as it should be
But I do like to try, though I’m not a supernova in the pen galaxy

How do I write about this ephemeral glimpse of inspiration?
It passed like a fire fly through my lonely nights
I don’t know how to put into words what I know of this essence

While some people are born to be poets
I was just born into poetry
But I still admit, my relationship with the pen is an accident
This is a fiction but inspired by truth

I am nothing but a spectator
I can’t seem to bend nature to my will
What then is the point flaunting my royalty
I am just like a king in exile
Robe-less and crownless
A mere dust

It’s a privilege to know the moment of one’s death in advance
You just have to prepare for it
But it’s a curse to be so far from home
We won’t have the chance to say goodbyes if we have to

Don’t ask me if I’m preparing to die yet
Surely death is inevitable
But if I am to die
With God’s grace
Let me die as a man
Not as a beast

I have been through a lot
I wouldn’t like to say I’ve got experience more than my age
But thanks to God I don’t look like what I’ve been through
I am belong to the fellowship of people who bear the mark of pain

But my soul has emerged with the force and splendor of a sunrise
I have integrated my innocence with my gallant spirit of a warrior
I harmonize my humility with my power
But it is interesting; I bear the scars of war
Hoping they do become stars someday
The pain that came with the scars made me feel alive

No comments:

Post a Comment