Thursday 21 June 2018

MY DAD THAT TAUGHT ME THE BASIC THINGS I KNOW



Image result for MY DAD TAUGHT ME WELLThose that encourage, provide the life
Those who are encouraged, live the life
He taught me without the noise of words
Without confusion of opinions, without ambition of honour
And without contention of arguments

He taught me to my cost
And I wish it may serve to make me more careful
And not increase my folly

Teachers provide the knowledge
They share with us how to get from here to there
They hand down to us the lessons learned from thousands of mistakes
Certain lessons may need to come through experience
But everything else can come through a good teacher

The term teacher applies to more than just school teachers
A teacher is anyone who effectively communicates knowledge
There are lots of good teachers in the world but many are overlooked
Some people spend their life looking for the wise man on the mountain top
And fail to see the wise man who live on the next door

When we look for teachers, we must keep in mind that things are not always as they seem
One of the best teachers known to me was my dad
He taught me about life, as well as the basic things I know
More than anything, he taught me how to learn from life
He showed me that there are valuable lessons everywhere

He definitely has his own idiosyncrasies
He sang songs no one could understand
He spent forever writing a book that has everything to do with his life
That book was never finished and certainly not published
Sadly, I think the manuscript was lost after he died

I thought he was a genius
But I heard the whispers that he was crazy
After he died, I read his will
And I found something else
Something that made me question the soundness of his mind

As is often the case people may think dad was crazy
Because they couldn’t understand what he was saying
He also scared a few people who did understand him
Because he talked about life
A subject that frightens many people

When mum asked me to write a tribute for my dad
I took my pen and paper and showed my scholarship
Little do I know I was saying good night to him
I hope to say a good morning too, but the opportunity never came anymore
Rest in most perfect of Peace, The Moore, I miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment