Thursday 21 June 2018

TO YOU THAT HAVE IMPRESSED MY MIND



Image result for TO YOU THAT HAVE IMPRESSED MY MIND 
I do this once in a while and I’m on it again
I don’t mean any flattery; this is an expression of the truest of my emotions
It is always not in my virtue, but I don’t reckon the lack of it to myself as a vice
The proximal phalanx doesn’t break when feet step on toes, but surely it does hurt
Yet, at particular moments of happiness, pains are forgotten and love is rekindle

Fathers come in different packages
I’m so convinced they don’t have to be biological
If I call you father, ought I then to behave sonly

“I love you”
A popular statement, you may never be expecting from somebody like me
Yet I do mean it for you today
The zodiac says the “Pisces” bottles up emotions
But that superstition is certainly not working on my head today

You’ve been a guide
Even when I care not to acknowledge
This is an antithesis for all the appreciation I ever denied you
I dedicate this to the possibility that I might have been wrong about something that felt so right
I can’t deny your amazing and wonderful personality

Today, with sincere love in my heart, I celebrate you
The grateful and graceful feeling in my heart defiles expression
I’m indeed lucky to have met and been with your kind
Though I really never knew what I had
But I’m neither saying I’m losing you yet; a part of you is permanent in my awareness

If I’m able to put a smile on one face
Then I won’t stop writing
You are certainly one of the few people that touched my heart
Even when I go wrong, you want to correct me one more time

Many people have worked through my life
While I can’t recall all of them
I’m truly grateful to you for coming by
Your cares and teachings stretched me beyond my youthful age
With your words, I don’t think you ever did lose faith

No comments:

Post a Comment