Thursday 21 June 2018

THE LITTLE I KNOW I SHALL NEVER FORGET

Image result for THE LITTLE I KNOW I SHALL NEVER FORGET


It looks like I’m beaten down
But I haven’t given up yet
I am fearless amidst a generation that trembles with fear
I am the courage that creates resolution in man
I am the source that provokes originality of thought

Mind you dear reader, this is a fable!!!
But I will keep writing until the sun turns into ashes and the moon into dispersed particles
These are cryptic words of my own fabrication which you have never read before
In these words, I extenuate nothing
I’m doing this because it came to my mind
When I wasn’t thinking of it

This is a great vice that persuades justice to break her sword for a little price
But it has less power to harm anybody than he/she has to be hurt, not even me
Sweet revenge grows harsh; so sweet but never so fatal
What will you do tomorrow if you kill me tonight?
Kill me tomorrow; but let me live tonight

This is my wretched fortune 
But I am mettle and the stars are chaste
I have to obey but not now
This may not be believed, but I swear it

I think my heart has turned stone, because I strike it and it hurt my hand
But I know not how it happened
So I ask: why does God’s will often seem horrible?
Does it please heaven to try me with afflictions?

The world have beaten me to my knees
But I still do remember, gold is purified in fire
And obedience is better off than sacrifice
I may be wounded, but it doesn’t hurt

There is sore in my heart
But the patience of my sole is still tranquil
This patience have endured enough
And the endurance has been patient enough

Long is the road I walked down the valley of madness
But yet longer is the road I’m walking up the mountain of sanity
It was perfectly okay until I chose to stop being unrealistic
So I dedicate this to the possibility that I had been so wrong about what felt so right

You have been so silent and often slow when you speak
But Now I fare thee well my tranquil mind
And with due reverence to my sacred vows, I here engage my words
I mean no harm, not even to the worst of my foes

I bet you can’t even remember half of the things I would never forget
But it doesn’t matter anymore now
We are all virtuous but hear me out: ambition is no virtue
And gossip is a very bad one (virtue)

It may burn like the mines of sulfur,
But it seek not to harm anybody; I’m just thinking out loud
They are my thoughts;
If I ignore them; I mock my own reason

Rob me of this, it will neither enrich you nor make me poor indeed
But it would rather stir up controversy
So I bid you ignore my thought pattern,
Sometimes they are annoying especially when I think at the top of my voice

The best of my conscience is not to keep things unsaid
But to say it clearly with an agonizing sincerity
I am thought too busy and obsessed with my thoughts
Yet it doesn’t drop my appetite of doing it still

What remains of me is not bestial
I haven’t lost the immortal in me
I can trade anything but not my humanity
I protest in sincerity of love and honest kindness

Disagreement is no rebellion
Don’t turn my virtue into pitch
Out of my own goodness
You seek to make a net to enmesh me. Why?

Please don’t kindle my fire and extinguish my virtues
Jealousy shapes faults that are not
Step yourself up
Don’t seek to pull others down

Throw not away the pearl richer than all your tribes
For the army that kill its soldiers
Will look for them in the time of war
I am unfettered in my speech, I owe no apology

I am just as I seem, if you have been in my shoes
You will miss your steps like a drunkard
It is my nature’s plague to spy into abuses
But I do it just for the satisfaction of my thoughts and curiosity

I may be rude in my speech
But blessed with the soft phrases of peace
I speak little of the great words I was told myself
Because I acquired words of sigh for my struggles

But I still have reason to cool my raging emotions
Though I am beaten to my knees
And have been struck on the hand that uphold my sword
I bleed; I’m wounded but not dying yet

Now, I’m hurt to danger, but God have an amazing remedy for me
Oh dear me, I didn’t see it coming
So I spare my speeches here
I may have been so stubborn but it is not in my virtue to amend it

This light can’t afford to go off now; Zimife is Zimife
Though most times people forget the best of me
But them that hunt me should not forget that a mighty hand upholds me
I may drop my sword but a heavier and swifter one is behind to assure me safety

He that leads me to battle, can’t leave me defeated
I am rewarded with so much experience for the pains that pass through me
If virtue lack no delight of beauty
Then, I am more black than fair

I love myself still, for the dangers I have passed
It is not bad to live, even when it’s a torment
There are many events in the womb of time
They will be delivered in due season

Don’t try to make sense out of this
It’s a fable!!! Don’t give it more power than it should have

No comments:

Post a Comment