Thursday 21 June 2018

WITH A GOOD TASTE IN MY MOUTH

Image result for WITH A GOOD TASTE IN MY MOUTH

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear ps 26;1,3

Does it matter if I have a reputation better or worse than others?
I don’t have a high opinion of my own excellence
I have particular guard against touchiness on points of honour
But I still have a good taste in my mouth

I live free just as I have always desired
My mind, heart and conscience is free of all burden
A bad conscience is not healed by flattery
Nor a good one wounded by gossip

He that praises me cannot take away the punishment I deserve for my evil deeds
Neither can he that reviles me deprive me of the rewards of my good works
Why then will I seek to please people?
It is rubbish if I stand high on the opinion of people and be unacceptable to God

It don’t care if I’m ignored and detested by people
I’m just fine if I’m dear and pleasing to God
But woe to me, if I can neither swim nor catch a straw
It will be a nightmare if I am detested by both God and people

I know I can’t really make it up to God
But his graces will not abandon me if I give a try
If God send me into the combat
He certainly will not leave me defeated

If you seek to help, it is not necessary that you pry
A weak spirituality necessarily must not be a result of an evil life
There are laws to hold me back, and punishments to chastise me

No comments:

Post a Comment